Sesame Features in Brief
- Runs in Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 and Linux (Intel)
- Simple, clean installation. No registry entries, DLLs or reboot required
- True client-server architecture. Allows remote Internet access via TCP/IP. Can be used in "remote computing" setup
- Security - users and definable groups - control access based on groups
- Multi-user capabilities built-in with effective record locking
- Tight data-type control to maintain data integrity
Data / Record Features
- Extensive and powerful search facilities including wildcard searches, keyword searches, drill-down searches, inverted searches
- Universal search allows searching across all fields
- Editable Table View with adjustable column widths
- Multiple forms, each separately programmable, if needed, for maximum flexibility
- Full-featured form designer for control of form layout, colors, fonts, graphic elements and the like.
- Display images in your records (.jpg, .png, .gif, .bmp image files)
- Include static pictures (your company logo, for example) on your forms
- Helpful data entry tools such as combo boxes, checkboxes, radio buttons, list boxes and command buttons. Data entry forms can be augmented with pop-up selection lists containing both static and dynamic data, such as information looked-up from other databases.
- Subforms allow you to see and work with data in one-to-many relationships such as invoice line items in a "parent" invoice form
- Tab pages allow convenient grouping of fields on a form
- User-definable help screens and mouse-over tooltips
- Versatile, HTML reports - can be sent to Microsoft Word or Excel or easily emailed to others
- Subtotals and Grand Totals, calculated (programmable) columns
- Full control over fonts and added graphics to enhance presentation
- Columnar, free-form, and combination reports provide flexibility
- A rich and robust programming language available if needed
- SBasic programming is easy to learn and use
- Includes powerful features such as variables, loops, arrays, external file I/O, lookups and posting to other databases
- Programming in Sesame is optional. It can be as simple as adding a group of fields to get a total, or as sophisticated as creating new records, importing data, merge-printing with an external word processor and automating navigation tasks
- Converts your Symantec Q&A 4.0/5.0 for DOS and Q&A for Windows databases to Sesame. Converts the master form, fields, data, programming, saved mass updates, saved retrieves, DOS columnar report designs and more.
- Uses familiar Q&A search syntax
- Uses many familiar Q&A shortcut keys such as F9, F10, F7 and so on
- Sesame's SBasic is an extension of Q&A's programming language.
- Macro recorder for simple repetitive tasks
- Command buttons can be placed on forms to run programming and macros
- Programmed Mass Updates can be used to make changes to your records
- Send email directly from your Sesame applications
- Store web addresses in Sesame and open with your browser
- API for working with your data from external programs. Supported languages are C/C++/C#, PHP, PERL, Java, Python, and VB/VBA.
- Import / Export CSV, ASCII files
- Documentation and Support
High-quality printed, spiral-bound manuals supplied
For more details and to view a selection of Sesame screens, see Sesame's product page on the Lantica site.
Home :: Features in Brief :: Features in Detail :: Documentation :: User Comments
Sesame Knowledgebase :: Pricing :: Support :: Secure Ordering :: The Company
© 2003 - 2017 Lantica Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved.